miércoles, diciembre 28, 2005

Christmas recap

We went to New Hampshire. There we ate mucho chocolate, cookies, ham, brussel sprouts, turnips, homemade bread, biscuits, cabbage, wine, coffee, borscht, pirogies, latkes, homemade applesauce, oysters, nog, and geese. Not goose, but geese. I returned to Miami laden with chocolate and cookies, and will maintain a steady diet of chocolate and cookies until the next family gathering where my mom/aunts spend eight hours a day in the kitchen producing obscene amounts of food.

The award for best present goes to Stephen, with the Minipops book. When not engaged in a ridiculously complicated German board game called Puerto Rico we were all hunched around this book, making a list of the ones we could get. We did okay on everything but the obscure British bands, and the BBC sitcom characters, which were impossible.

The illustrator, Craig Johnson, has a very nice site featuring his account of the MTV VMAs mostly at the Setai. Don't be a jerk like me: it loads fine, it just scrolls horizontally.

Today I got a call from People's Miami correspondent. Do I want to go to Jaime Foxx's New Year's party at the Delano? Well yes, sir. I would. Quite. If I'm going to welcome 2006 with strangers, I might as well get a free dinner at the Blue Door out of it. This probably won't work out, which is why I'm writing about it now.

No hay comentarios.: