martes, junio 08, 2004

LVT Double Header


"So let's get it over with: Dear Lars, thank you for the obstructions. They have taught me to see what I really am: a miserable human being. I try as humans do, to fool the world and myself, because I don't want to admit it.

My trick is cheap and I repeat it endlessly. I came up with it early on: If I just tell what I see and nothing else, and keep doing so, like the prisoner of war who repeats nothing but his name and number, not adding anything (emotions are far too dangerous for me) maybe the world - and I, too - will buy it. 

I call it art. But in fact I am certain that I am capable of nothing. 
And I only do it all to be able to stand myself."

The Text of Obstruction #5, written by Lars Von Trier for the voice of Jorgen Leth.

Dogwood (Sunday), The Five Obstructions (Monday) I love I love 2x

No hay comentarios.: