miércoles, noviembre 19, 2003

I love when my friends are famous

Elana once told me she was going to create an 'independent media empire'. Now her article is mentioned on gawker.com, part of what the NY Times recently termed a 'web media empire.' Read Elana's article on cool people here where subjects such as intergenerational mingling and inspirational crayon centers are tackled with glee. Elana's empire vs. Nick Denton's is like Hannibal vs. Scipio. Place your bets. And Elana, if I really did fuck Anna Wintour, would it still be ironic if I wore the t-shirt?

I know I talk about Nathalie all the time, but now I have been legitimized by The Washington Post's Jennifer Howard. I'm not sure when Nathalie got the name Chica, I think it might be a misinterpretation of Chicha but The Washington Post! That means if Katherine Graham weren't dead she might read Nathalie's blog!!

"What, you've never heard of Chica, Terry and Choire? Let me introduce you, in order, to the up-and-coming blogger behind Cup of Chicha (www.nchicha.com/cupofchicha/); Wall Street Journal drama critic Terry Teachout, who moonlights as a blogger with his site About Last Night (www.artsjournal.com/aboutlastnight/); and ur-New York media blog Gawker.com and its editor, Choire Sicha, who maintains his own blog at www.choiresicha.com. I only know this because I've been reading these sites long enough to get a feel for the usual suspects. Otherwise I'd have no clue either. And I'm not sure why I should want to."

Because Ms. Howard, they are clever and funny, rather than an annoying player hater like yourself. Read more here.

No hay comentarios.: