martes, octubre 28, 2003

Pen Pals!!! Oh boy!!!

I found a copy of Don Diva magazine at my work. Intrigued by the cover photo of a woman manufacturing crack, I then read a really good article called "Kings of Crack: Inside a Detroit Empire." Other good articles: "Men Cheat: Deal With It" (this one had a really awesome photo of a woman scorned holding a butcher knife), and "Five Essential Things to Know About a Criminal Case" (including a call to write your congressmen about supporting the Second Chance of Ex-Offenders Act, which I actually plan on doing). Then, I went to their web site, dondivamag.com, and they have at least 20 web pages of profiles of incarcerated people that want pen pals. It's a little nebulous because you don't know whether you would be writing someone who is in for murder or just someone unlucky who is locked up on a bullshit Rockefeller drug law. But still.

No hay comentarios.: