jueves, mayo 12, 2005

ch ch ch changes

I'm coming back to New York. I have a temp job at GQ. I feel a little rotten about the whole thing though; or at least conflicted. But anyway... I start on Monday. If anyone wants to open up their home I could use a couch.

Playing with the Lazy Fair on Tuesday was, by the way, maybe one of the funnest things I've ever done in my life. We silkscreened up a bunch of old t-shirts the day of and handed them all out, so all our friends were there, dancing, wearing our t-shirts, making us feel so nice... Fuck I wish I was in Little Rock now. My cousin's getting married on Saturday in Gaffney, SC so I'm in Atlanta with the family, wishing the suburbs didn't suck so much.

I just read Housekeeping, by Marilynne Robinson, which lives up to its reputation of near-perfection. Like Jane of Lantern Hill meets Terrence Malick. I mean I always really hated Anne of Green Gables (as soon as I read the words "the lake of shining waters" I decided it was garbage) but as far as L.M. Montgomery goes I always liked Jane. And something in this story reminded me of it. But it's dark and sad and very beautiful.

Last night I stayed out real late hanging and today Kat and Corey took me to the airport and I felt pretty sad about having to go again. Oh well. Except that I really do feel sad.

No hay comentarios.: