martes, enero 18, 2005

On to grander things

I finish my job at the OA in two weeks, a voluntary termination date to focus more on my own writing. This will involve discipline. Lots of it. And a part-time job. Thus far I have applied to the Brazilian restaurant all my friends work at and at the "living history" department of the Historic Arkansas Museum. The latter could potentially involve churning butter and wearing bonnets. My friendster profile gets more hits than my web log does. I just read Delta Wedding, by Eudora Welty, for a book club I'm in. Very nice, like a Southern Virginia Woolfe. I'm also halfway through I Am Charlotte Simmons which was tolerable at first but in the last hundred pages has started to get tedious, odious, and actually totally vile. In fact, I hate it, but unless I'm too late I was going to review it for the Localist. Supposedly we now have a drummer for our band. I haven't met him yet. Before we were using a drum machine and a synthesizer that when you press certain keys actually hollers at you. It's like, "Whoop!"

No hay comentarios.: